Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Retirement

My last day of work was May 28. I had worked at the same company for 13 years. It was a major decision for me. I just kept thinking of all the things I would get done since I was no longer working! Well, I was wrong...sort of!

I am enjoying time with my boys. I am enjoying watching them be able to sleep in this summer. I am enjoying taking them to ALLLL their baseball games and practices with a snack in their tummy and not having to rush to get them and feeling guilty for leaving work early 3 or 4 times a week! I am enjoying taking them to the library to pick out books. I am enjoying preparing meals for them without being so rushed when I got home from work.

During the day I feel like I am constantly moving. I feel guilty for sitting down! There are so many things I would like to do, but feel like just doing the bare minimum can be overwhelming some days!

As you can tell, I still do not have a lot of time for blogging! What I have found is that in the evening used to be the time when I would run around like a crazy lady to get things done for the next day. However, since I am able to get things done during the day, I can sit down in the evenings and relax and not feel guilty.

We are all still adjusting, but so far so good! I am planning to cover another maternity leave from September - December, but just two days a week and I will be home when the boys get home!

This summer is flying by so fast! I wish it would slow down just a little!

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I was wondering how it was going. It will take you some time to get your bearings. Don't you wonder how you managed before???? I have been a SAHM for 14 years, and I still don't have time to do it all!!!! Time is always at a minimum....just do what you can.
Enjoy your time with the boys!!!

Jami said...

I am glad you are enjoying being home and you are able to spend so much time with the boys.

We had a great time with you guys last weekend! Cameron and Cade loved being with their cousins from sun up to sun down!!

mikenmarta said...

I so agree with you! I've been at home since I had my 6 year old, and I can never get it all done! I did try to go back to work when he was 2 1/2, but it was shortlived. Only 5 months and we decided my place was at home. There are days they drive me crazy but I'm so glad I've been able to really enjoy all the little things like going to the library, the movies, the pool, etc. I'm sure our kids will be very thankful for us one day!!